The __District____and the parents of the students participating in activities, services, and programs funded by Title I agree that this compact outlines how they will share responsibility for improved student academic achievement and the means by which the school and parents will build and develop a partnership that will help children achieve the State’s high standards.
This school-parent compact is in effect during the ______________ school year.
The _School____ will:
- Provide high-quality curriculum and instruction in a supportive and effective learning environment that enables the participating children to meet the State’s student academic achievement standards as follows:
- Provide high quality curriculum and instruction through the use of scientifically based instructional programs and strategies to help your child achieve success;
- Have high expectations of ourselves, your child, and other staff;
- Determine your child’s educational needs and adjust the instruction to accommodate those needs;
- Provide a safe and caring environment for learning; and
- Ensure that families have access to appropriate services and receive the assistance as needed through referrals to the Loudon County Family Resource Center.
- Hold parent-teacher conferences during which this compact will be discussed as it relates to the individual child’s achievement. Specifically, these conferences will be held:
- in the fall after the first grading period
- in the spring after the fourth grading period
- Provide parents with frequent reports on their child’s progress. Specifically, the
School will provide reports as follows:
- Share information about your child’s progress in a timely manner through telephone calls and/or email, frequent progress reports, and grade cards;
- Provide parents reasonable access to staff. Specifically, staff will be available for
consultation with parents as follows:
- before school, after school, and during teacher planning time
Continued on the back….
- Provide parents opportunities to volunteer and participate in their child’s class,
and to observe classroom activities, as follows:
- serve as a representative on school improvement and advisory committees;
- chaperone field trips
- help with art activities
- listening to children read
- assisting with special events
We, as parents, will support our children’s learning in the following ways:
- monitoring attendance;
- making sure that homework is completed;
- monitoring amount of television my child watches;
- volunteering in my child’s classroom;
- participating, as appropriate, in decisions relating to my child’s education;
- promoting positive use of my child’s extracurricular time;
- staying informed about my child’s education and communicating with the school by promptly reading all notices from the school or the school district either received by my child or by mail and responding, as appropriate; and
- serving, to the extent possible, on school advisory or policy groups.
As a student, I will share in the responsibility of my academic achievement in the following ways:
- work to the best of my ability;
- complete my assignments;
- study when I need to;
- follow my school rules;
- read at least thirty minutes a day outside of school; and
- be responsible in getting all information received from school to my parents.
Student Signature Date
Parent Signature Date
Teacher Signature Date
Principal Signature Date