Loudon County School employees who are eligible for retirement benefits from TCRS are offered the following benefits.
* Health insurance until the age of 65.
* Dental and Vison insurance.
* Life insurance until the age of 65.
Service Requirements to Continue Group Health Coverage:
* Retiree health insurance coverage is only available to employees hired by a participating agency before July 1, 2015. If you started working for a participating local education agency or the state of Tennessee for the first time on or after July 1, 2015, you are not eligible to continue or enroll in insurance at retirement. If you started working for the state of Tennessee or a participating local education agency for the first time before July 1, 2015, you will not be prohibited from continuing or enrolling in insurance at
retirement, provided you did not accept a lump sum payment from the TCRS before July 1, 2015 and that you satisfy all other eligibility requirements.
* You must have at least 10 years of creditable service to continue group health insurance coverage. Unused sick leave may be counted. Military service that did not interrupt employment, service that was previously cashed out and not paid back to TCRS, educational leave, leave of absence or service with a local government agency cannot be counted.
* You may include employment with the State of Tennessee or a state higher education institute or a local education agency that participates on the state group health plan to calculate total employment. Only creditable service will count. Years of service applies to the minimum length of service required to continue coverage at retirement. It does not necessarily count toward
premium reduction. For local education employment, state premium support is provided on teaching service only.
* If you are retiring from a newly authorized local education agency opening after January 1, 2014, please refer to the Local Education Plan Document Section 4.06 for more information.
* If you are eligible to combine creditable state and local education service, you will be classified as a retiree under the plan from which you ended employment prior to retirement. If you are eligible for retiree coverage without combining creditable service under more than one plan, you may choose to be classified as a retiree in the plan in which you first satisfied eligibility criteria, or in the plan from which your employment ended immediately preceding retirement.
The eligibility guidelines are:
• Ten years of creditable service and at least three years of continuous insurance coverage in the plan immediately prior to final termination of employment. The date retirement pension benefits start (effective date of retirement with TCRS) must be on or before the date your active coverage ends. This requirement for immediate commencement of benefits will be waived if you become insured by the state or a participating local government agency with no lapse in coverage.
• Twenty years of creditable service and at least one year of continuous insurance coverage in the plan immediately prior to final
termination of employment. The date retirement pension benefits start (effective date of retirement with TCRS) may be up to
five years. The five-year requirement will be waived if you become insured by the state or a participating local government
agency with no lapse in coverage.
Please see rates for each below:
State of Tennessee supplement plan.
Employees are eligible to add the Tennessee Plan (formerly known as Pomco) as a supplement to medicare. See information below: