Open Enrollment dates: October 1 - 26
Health: All changes will have to be made through Edison.
This is your chance to choose or make benefit changes that will be effective Jan. 1, 2019. Networks and benefits may change and impact you. Even if you don’t make changes during Annual Enrollment, it’s good to review your enrollment each year. You can enroll or make changes online in Edison ESS.
Important for 2019
- Health premiums are changing for active employees:
- Copays, coinsurance and deductibles are staying the same for all health plans, except for the Limited PPO (local education and local government only) and the deductibles and out-of-pocket maximum will increase.
- With the Limited PPO, there will no longer be a $100 pharmacy deductible.
- Physical therapy benefit: PPO members no longer have to meet their deductible first for physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy that is in-network and outpatient. They will only have to pay coinsurance. CDHP/HSA members must meet the deductible first and pay coinsurance.
- Cardiac rehab benefit: PPO members will not pay any costs for in-network, outpatient cardiac rehab. CDHP/HSA members must meet the deductible first before the coinsurance is waived.
- Bone anchored hearing devices: Will be covered when deemed medically necessary (subject to plan benefits).
- Certain medications used to treat opioid dependency: Members won’t have to pay for some of these medications. Find more information on the Pharmacy page.
- Members can work with their pharmacists to coordinate refills for maintenance medications so that multiple medications are filled on the same day. For PPO members, the medications being filled to get you “synced” will have pro-rated copays. This applies to statins for high cholesterol, high blood pressure, coronary artery disease, congestive heart failure, diabetes, depression and asthma/COPD medications.
Want to Learn More?
- You’ll find Annual Enrollment newsletters and more on the Enrollment Materials page.
- On the Videos page, you can learn more about PPOs, CDHP/HSAs, dental, vsion, disability and FSAs.
- You can also attend a webinar:
Local education and Local government (all Central time)
Thursday, Sept. 27, 10-11 a.m.
Thursday, Oct. 4, 1-2 p.m.
Wednesday, Oct. 10, 3:30-4:30 p.m.
Thursday, Oct. 18, 10-11 a.m.
Wednesday, Oct. 24, 3:30-4:30 p.m.
Click here for instructions on how to join.
If Eligible, During Annual Enrollment you can:
- Choose your health insurance option
- Choose or change your health insurance carrier and network
- Enroll in or cancel health insurance for yourself or your eligible dependents
Enroll or Make Changes in Edison
You will use Employee Self Service (ESS) in Edison to add/make changes to benefits. When using Edison ESS, Internet Explorer 11 is the preferred browser. You may not be able to enroll if you use another browser, a mobile device or a tablet.
- Click here for ESS instructions. Coming soon!
- Videos will help you:
- Retrieve your Edison ID
- Log in to Edison for the first time
- Reset your Edison password
- Select/enroll in benefits in Edison
Enrolling new Dependents?
We need documents to prove their relationship to you. A list of required documents is found on the Enrollment Materialspage.
- You can upload your documents in Edison or fax to 615.741.8196.
- The dependent documents deadline is your same Annual Enrollment deadline.
- Employees new to coverage and employees who change or transfer plans will receive new ID cards. Current members who don’t make plan changes will use their same ID cards.
- For 2019, Limited PPO members will receive new pharmacy cards due to the change in the pharmacy deductible.
- Because there are no changes to dental and vision coverage, current members who continue their coverage can use the same ID cards.
- CDHP/HSA, medical FSA and limited purpose FSA (L-FSA) members who continue coverage will use the same debit card. If you are a new CDHP/HSA, medical FSA or limited purpose FSA enrollee, you will receive a new debit card from PayFlex.
- Members can always request additional cards by contacting their carrier network or vendor(s).
Health Insurance Rates and Information
DENTAL AND VISION OPEN ENROLLMENT:
Open Enrollment dates: October 1 - 26
There are no changes to the plans for Dental and Vision - see below
*** Remember that dependents are covered until the age of 19 - unless they are still in school - then they are covered until the age of 24. I do not receive notification when your child would age out - you need to notify me so I can change your premiums if needed.
There is an increase to the Simple Premium Vision plan - see below
If you would like to make changes to your Dental or Vision coverage - please fill out the following application and
Loudon County Simple application: see below
SIMPLE DENTAL AND VISION PLANS AND RATES