Loudon County School District

Skip to main content
Mobile Menu



Community Resources

Mental Health Resources

School Supplies Giveaway



Mental Health and Substance Abuse Resources
Cherokee Health Systems - Lenoir City Office
501 Adesa Parkway,Suite A-150 , Lenoir City, TN 37771
Main Tel: 865-986-8082
Intake Tel: 866-231-4477
Peninsula Behavioral Health
Peninsula Outpatient Center/Loudon
423 Medical Park Drive,Suite 400 , Lenoir City, TN 37772
Main Tel: 865-970-9800

Need help with your electric bill?
For more info call 986-5212 to learn if you qualify.
Mid East Community Action Agency



Emory Valley Center

715 Emory Valley Rd., Oak Ridge, TN 37830

(865) 483-4385


If you or an immediate family member has a disability,

you may be eligible to receive family support services.


Family Support Services is a program designed and funded by the Tennessee Department

of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (DIDD) to assist families who are caring for their

relative who has a severe disability. Severe disability is defined as:

  •       Attributable to a mental or physical impairment
  •       Likely to continue indefinitely
  •       Result in substantial functional limitations in three or more of the following major life activities:     
  •       Self-care Receptive/expressive language
  •       Learning Mobility
  •       Self-direction
  •       Capacity for independent living
  •       Economic self-sufficiency

              Family Support Services may include such things as:

Respite care

Personal or attendant services
Specialized equipment maintenance and repair
Homemaker services
Specialized equipment & supplies
Specialized nutrition & clothing
Child care
Health related cost not otherwise covered
Family counseling training & Support groups
Transportation services
Licensed nursing & nurses aid services


         HOW TO RECEIVE SERVICES: Eligible Residents of Anderson, Blount, Campbell, Cocke, Knox,

Loudon, Morgan, Roane, Jefferson, Sevier and Scott Counties please click the links below

for additional information:






  Buddy Break





The Hearing and Speech Foundation
1619 E. Broadway Avenue
Maryville, TN 37804

Phone: (865) 977-0981
E-mail: info@handsf.org


  • Audiological Assessment
  • Hearing Aid Assistance
  • Auditory Therapy Service
Friends of Tennessee’s Babies with Special Needs (FOT)
Hearing Aid Loaner Bank

The FOT loaner bank has both behind-the-ear hearing aids and FM systems available to

children ages birth to three who reside in the state of Tennessee.  Devices are on loan at no

cost for 60 days and must be checked out by an audiologist with pediatric experience who is

licensed in the state of Tennessee.  The loaner bank is housed at Tennessee School for the Deaf

in Knoxville and managed by audiologists there. A wide variety of state of the art digital hearing

aids are available through the Loaner Hearing Aid Bank.


For questions contact Crista Froeling at 865-579-2496 or c.froeling@tsdeaf.org






Image result for Salvation Army Logo


Salvation Army Loudon County

119 "A" Street, Suite B

Lenoir City, TN 37771

Karisa Bitner, Chair-person





Loudon County

Community Advisory Board

Our CAB meetings are temporarily suspended.

Should you have a comment please notify Cindy Purdy or Shannon Forrester at the contact info listed below.

Community minded persons are invited to fellowship and network with

other community partners to discuss efforts for assisting the communities and

families of Loudon County.

Loudon County Technology Center/Family Resource Center
4380 Harrison Road, Lenoir City
Feel free to bring your lunch

For additional information please contact:
Cindy Purdy at 986-2036 ext 4615 or purdyc@loudoncounty.org
Shannon Forrester at 865-988-0398 ext 110 or shannon.forrester@tn.gov






Wireless Service Free!

Free Talk, Text & Data for qualified participants.


Apply on-line Safe Link






Employment, Job Training,

High School Equivalency Testing

& Adult Education


Tennessee Career Center / American Job Center

100 W Broadway, Suite 141, Lenoir City TN 37771


Fax 865-317-1375




Loudon County Health Department Dental Services
Mondays and half a day on Fridays.

Dental clinic for children up to age 21 for preventative dental (cleanings) and fillings.

Emergency dental care service for adults. Please call ahead to determine if there is a waiting list.
Loudon County Health Department
600 Rayder Avenue
Loudon, TN, 37774
Phone: 865-458-2662





Loudon County Public Libraries


Greenback Public Library
6889 Morganton Road
Greenback, TN 37742

Phone: (865) 856-2841


Loudon Public Library
210 River Road
Loudon, TN 37774

Phone: (865) 458-3161


Philadelphia Public Library

714 Thompson Street

Philadelphia, TN 37846

 Phone: (865) 657-9059


The Public Library at Tellico Village
300 Irene Lane
Loudon, TN 37774

Phone: (865) 458-5199




 Loudon County Department of Health

600 Rayder Ave.

Loudon TN 37774



Department of Childrens' Services

Loudon County

485 Pine Top Street, Lenoir City, TN 37771

(865) 988-0398



Department of Human Services

Louodn County

485 Pine Top Street, Lenoir City, TN 37771

(865) 986-4749




The Loudon County Clerk's Office

providing Driver's License Services
The Driver's License Office is located on the lower level of the Courthouse Annex.

It is open Monday thru Friday 8:00 to 4:00.

We are able to process the following: drivers license renewals, replacements,

address changes, name changes, identification cards and CDL downgrades.

For further information please call 458-2916.



Loudon County Habitat for Humanity
(Housing Need)
How can my family qualify for a Habitat home?
Call 865-458-0704
Technology Access Program
A community Outreach Project of the Tellico Village Computer Users Club. Donated computer are
reconditioned and given away to students and families who do not have one in their household in
efforts to improve computer literacy and provide academic support.
            Phone: 865-332-5313




Emergency Food Pantries


Good Samaritan Center

119 A Street, Lenoir City



505 Mulberry Street, Loudon



New Life Family Worship Center

8735 Highway 72 N, Loudon

(865) 458-5300


Reed Springs Baptist Church

485 Reed Springs Church Road, Philadelphia 



The Refuge Church at Pleasant Hill

2144 Old Hwy 95, Lenoir City



Cornerstone Church of God

12813 Hwy 11, Farragut

(East of Dixie Lee Junction)



Four Paws (Emergency Food for Pets)

Good Samaritan Center

119 A Street, Lenoir City






 Lions Clubs of Loudon County

Visual Screening & Eye Glasses Service


The Lions Clubs of Loudon, Lenoir City, and Tellico Village

coordinate their efforts to provide visual screenings and eye glasses for

economically disadvantaged children and adults within Loudon County.


Parents, caregivers and adults who are interested in receiving the

eye glass service please call the Lion’s Club representative at


to schedule an application appointment to determine service eligibility.

The eye glass service is based on the poverty level guidelines.


Parents and caregivers are required to pay a $20 co-pay for each child,

which includes an eye exam and one pair of glasses.

All eye exams and glasses are purchased at the Walmart in Lenoir City.












Good Samaritan Center
119 A Street, Lenoir City, TN 37771
Phone: 865-986-1777      Fax: 865-988-5625
Monday-Thursday, 9 am-12:30 pm
Thursday, 3:30-6 pm
Friday, 9 am-4 pm
505 Mulberry Street, Loudon 37774
Phone 865-458-5541
Monday & Wednesday, 10 a.m. - Noon
GSC is a private, non-profit assistance Ministry serving emergency
needs of people in Loudon County.


Good Neighbors Shoppe

420 Leeper Parkway

Lenoir City, TN  37772


Hours:  10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Tuesday thru Saturday  

Non-profit upscale resale shop, reasonably priced and proceeds benefit Loudon County charities.



Crisis Center for Women - IVAS
A domestic violence victims’ program providing protection,

advocacy and services to women and women with dependent children

who are victims of domestic abuse.
Crisis line 865-988-STOP (7867)
Toll free 866-239-0871





Mid-East Community Action Agency

Early Head Start and Head Start

(865) 988-5133 or 376-2308

Early Head Start and Head Start serving parents and pregnant mothers to children age 4.


Small Starts for Families™


    Small Starts for Families is a collection of healthy tips and tools for parents and caregivers

of children from birth to early childhood. It was created with input from pediatric physicians and specialists around the state. Small Starts program is free and easy to use. Included are ways to help infants and young kids eat healthier, get exercise, sleep better, have good dental care, and not be exposed to second-hand smoke.

   If you haven’t seen it yet, check it out at healthiertn Small Start Tools




Loudon County Schools
Family Resource Center (FRC)

Preventing Head Lice

The spread of head lice can be controlled with prompt diagnosis and effective preventative measures.

The first thing one can do to help prevent the spread of lice is to discuss the subject openly with all family members. Lice can affect anyone, regardless of background or hygiene. And, if everyone knows what’s going on, the risk of infestation is cut in half. Lice cannot fly or jump, and they are normally transferred during direct head-to-head contact.

One should check family member’s hair for evidence of head lice on a regular basis. If you suspect your child has lice, please notify the school nurse to assist you with information, resources and recommendations.


If, head lice are NOT present, begin using preventative efforts and products immediately:

  • Use hair shampoo or products that contain tea tree mint, peppermint, lavender, or rosemary. The following hair products contain these ingredients and can be found at many local department stores and salon shops such as Walmart, Target, and Sally’s Beauty Supply:
    • Suave Professional Men Deep Clean Peppermint Shampoo
    • Organix Tea Tree Mint Shampoo
    • EDEN Body Works Peppermint Tea Tree All Natural Shampoo
    • Axe Zen Soothing Tea Tree Shampoo
    •  Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat Shampoo and Conditioner
    •  Lice Shield
    •  Natures Gate Tea Tree-Shampoo and Conditioner,
    •  California Baby Tea Tree & Lavender Shampoo & Body-wash,
    •  Proclaim Tea Tree Shampoo
    •  Generic Value Product Tea Tree Special Shampoo
  • Head lice thrive in clean hair. Keeping hair product in one’s hair creates an uncomfortable living environment for head lice.
  • Use styling products like mousse, sculpting gels, and hair spray help to keep lice away. One may choose to use hair conditioner after shampooing and do NOT completely rinse the conditioner from one’s hair. A disadvantage of doing this is that the conditioned hair may appear stringy or a little oily..
  • Avoid head-to-head contact with others.
  • Keep one’s long hair pulled up.
  • Do not share personal belongings such as hats, scarves, coats, combs, brushes, hair accessories and headphones.

Additional head lice information and resources:







How to Apply for TennCare

You must apply for TennCare through the Health Insurance Marketplace. Apply online at www.healthcare.gov.

Printable application can be found online




 To get help with applying for TennCare call


Do not have a computer and/or internet access you can apply at a kiosk within your local Department of Human Services (DHS) office.

Loudon County – Department of Human Services

485 Pinetop Street
Lenoir City, TN 37772-6343
Phone: (865) 986-4751

Additional Information can be found at




Loudon County Education Foundation
318 Angel Row
P. O. Box 430
Loudon, TN 37774
Ph: (865) 458-8749
Fx: (865) 458-1206
Project Lifesaver
Loudon County Sheriff's Office provides Project Lifesaver bracelets free of charge to families of autistic children that have a tendency to wander. For more information please contact
Debbie Hines
Loudon County Sheriff's Office
12680 Highway 11 W, Suite 1
Lenoir City

211 Tennessee
One of the easiest ways to get help is by dialing 2-1-1, Tennessee’s community services help line. When you call, you’ll get a real person, one who is trained to help you sort out your needs, and then give you phone numbers and addresses of the closest places where you can get help. 2-1-1 has a database of more than 10,000 health and human services programs, cross-referenced for all sorts of keywords. So don’t worry if you don’t know what type of service you need or the name of an agency — just talk with the specialist at the other end of the line and she or he can help you find what you need. All calls are free and completely confidential.
Hours of Operation: 24/7
Phone: 866-588-4211
Teleinterpreter available

Mid East Community Action Agency 
Helping People/Changing Lives
(865) 986-5212
Medical Assistance
    *Newly prescribed medications for individuals who have no medical insurance.
Utility Assistance
   *Utility assistance is available through various grants such as the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) and Ft. Loudoun Electric Corp.
   * Baby Formula
    *Food voucher to local grocery store
    *USDA Commodities distributes surplus foods on a quarterly basis. May consist of canned fruits, vegetables,meats and dried beans (etc...)
Homeless Services
     *Homeless Letters may assist household in placement on waiting lists with participating housing authorities.
      *Rental and/or Utility Deposits are available to homeless households who obtain housing with the means to maintain the housing unit.
      *Motel rooms for burn out victims, other extending circumstances may be considered.
      *Rental assistance is available to households who are facing a homeless situation.
Elderly Services  
    *Purchase a VRI Emergency Response Unit to maintain independence and maintain safety.
    *Eye Glasses and Exam.
    *Nutritional supplements prescribed by doctor. Such as boost, ensure and diabetic drinks.
    *Meals on Wheels deliver hot nutritious meals daily.
Early Head Start and Head Start .(865) 376-2308
     Early Head Start and Head Start serving pregnant mothers to children age 4.
All services listed above are subject to change without notice. Individuals or households must meet program eligibility and assistance is based on available funding.
Homeless and need help filing for disability?
Legal Aid of East Tennessee recently received a Department of Housing and Urban Development grant to provide the new SOAR Program. SOAR allows free legal assistance in filing disability claims for homeless individuals.
Call Legal Aid of East Tennessee for additional information.
(865) 637-0484

Child Abuse Hotline
Report anonymously child abuse and neglect.
Phone: 1-877-54-ABUSE


Kid Central TN

Tennessee's one stop shop for families to raise healthy and happy kids of all ages.



Resources for parents of children with Autism Spectrum Disorder:

Sesame Street and Autism
Reduce the "Noise"
National Military Family Assoc. Exceptional Family Member Program
Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP)
Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP)
Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP)



 Center for Disease Control and Prevention

phone: 800-CDC-INFO  
Tennessee's Early Intervention System (TEIS)

Tennessee's Early Intervention System is a voluntary educational program for families with children birth through age two with disabilities or developmental delays.



Tennessee Family Pathfinder

An Internet community website for individuals and families seeking disability resources.

Both Tennessee and national resources are included.

The Tennessee Disability Services and Supports Directory have a searchable database

at the following website:

http://vkc.mc.vanderbilt.edu/pathsearch/Tennessee Family Pathfinder

Tennessee Voices for Children
 A parent support and advocacy for families of children and youth with mental, emotional, and behavioral problems.
Phone (East TN Branch): 865-609-2490
Regional Intervention Program
The Regional Intervention Program (RIP) is a parent-implemented, professionally-supported program for young children and their families who are experiencing challenging behaviors. RIP has been serving families with young children since 1969. This unique, internationally-recognized program guides parents in learning the skills to work directly with their own children while they receive training and support from experienced RIP families. - See more at: http://www.tennessee.gov/behavioral-health/section/rip#sthash.7XIP4F3a.dpuf
The Regional Intervention Program (RIP) is a parent-implemented, professionally-supported program for young children and their families who are experiencing challenging behaviors. RIP has been serving families with young children since 1969. This unique, internationally-recognized program guides parents in learning the skills to work directly with their own children while they receive training and support from experienced RIP families. - See more at: http://www.tennessee.gov/behavioral-health/section/rip#sthash.7XIP4F3a.dpuf

 (RIP) is a parent-implemented, professionally-supported program for young children and their families who are experiencing challenging behaviors. This unique, internationally-recognized program guides parents in learning the skills to work directly with their own children while they receive training and support from experienced RIP families.
Phone (Knoxville): 865-523-8695 ext.1125
Phone (Home Office): 615-963-1177

Loudon County Health Improvement Council
A one stop shop for healthy living resources and family friendly events in the Loudon community.


Child Care Aware of America
Works with more than 600 states and local Child Care Resource and Referral Agencies to ensure that families in every local community have access to quality, affordable child care