Early Childhood (Pre-K–2)
The early childhood video series provides weekly 10–15-minute preschool videos featuring five interactive learning centers in which children can play and learn as they watch. Each week, the videos provide new learning experiences and engagement with materials that are easily found in and around the classroom or home.
- The primary audience is families of preschool children; however preschool teachers may also use the videos in the classroom.
- The preschool videos can be used to prompt playful learning in the classroom or with families at home.
- The videos embed foundational literacy and math skills through discovery, exploration, problem-solving, and creativity.
English Language Arts (K–2)
The department added two new video series to its suite of resources supporting implementation of the Tennessee Foundational Skills Curriculum Supplement.
- Lesson preparation videos for grades 1 and 2 show teachers how to prepare to teach lessons using the materials.
- Video lessons provide full-length, student-facing direct instruction for grades K, 1, and 2 with embedded opportunities for authentic practice. Video lessons are also available for ELA knowledge-building in grades K–2.
The grades K–2 Foundational Skills mathematics videos provide learning experiences which focus on building strong foundations for students in both counting and cardinality and number sense.
- Each video is approximately 20-25 minutes long.
- Students are offered the opportunity to think flexibly as they interact with mental mathematics.
- Students will become more confident as they are gradually introduced to a wide variety of strategies.
- This series of three weekly videos per grade is accompanied by resources for both teachers and families to help as they further support student learning.
To view the Teaching Tennessee Math video Lessons, click here.
For additional information and to explore these video series and other available resources and supports, visit Best for All Central. Users can search for resources by grade, subject, keyword, and other parameters.